Do you appreciate getting awesome service? We do and we love to provide it too. We’re actively recruiting for a full time Senior Engineer to join the team at Quercus IT! Come be a part of a company that strives to be the best of the best and hone your skills by surrounding yourself with like-minded team members. Send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com.
As a Senior Service Engineer, you are primarily responsible for delivering exceptional execution of IT infrastructure projects and tier two service support with our help desk team. This includes a wide variety of specific activities, such as server and network architecture (on-premise or Azure), Microsoft Exchange migrations / new implementations, network edge installations and configurations, to name a few. This role will operate from the Quercus office in Edmonton, with regular on-site client activities.
Hours & Location
8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday in Edmonton as needed
After-hours service to minimize client system downtime
Rotating On-Call schedule
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Network and server architecture troubleshooting, documentation and implementation
- New server installation and maintenance
- Network edge device installation and maintenance
- Tier 2 service support
- System monitoring
- Application installation and maintenance
- Workstation installation and maintenance
- Client onboarding
- Infrastructure assessments
- Adherence to process and standards
Do you like to have a voice when it comes to ideas? How about directly seeing the impact you’re making to the success of the Company? We work hard and play hard. If you’re looking for a home away from home, and you want to surround yourself with other passionate, like-minded professionals in a comfortable and productive working environment that you look forward to, we’re it!
What we need to see from you:
- Outstanding service quality behaviours
- Graduate from a Post- Secondary Information technology program or at least two years’ experience in a similar information technology role
- At least 6-years demonstrable experience as a service engineer or related responsibilities
- Technical certifications is desirable, including A+, MTA, MCSA, Sophos Engineer
- Experience with Azure
- Security minded professional
- Passion and ability to adapt and learn new technologies and achieve certifications
- Superb problem solving capabilities
- Excellent time management
- Team player
- Experience with ConnectWise or a similar ticketing system an asset
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-service field (3+ years)
Quercus IT Inc. is supportive of workforce diversity and encourages applications from qualified individuals.